Sunday, December 11, 2005

RECIPE: Coconut Haystacks

Using my powers for good...

COCONUT HAYSTACKS

Okay, these are too yummy not to share. I haven't really decided yet whether they are good, or evil.

One 12 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
One 12 oz. bag of shredded coconut. (sweetened or unsweetened, I like sweetened)

Spread the coconut onto a cookie sheet, and bake at 375. Check on it frequently, and stir every few minutes once it starts to brown around the edges. Once it is all browned, remove from oven and cool.

Melt the chocolate in a pan on very low heat, or in a double boiler. If you decide to experiment with this recipe, keep in mind that adding any sort of liquid to the chocolate will cause it to "seize". I often add some pure vanilla extract, at the last possible moment before adding the coconut.)

Pour the toasted coconut into the chocolate, stir, then drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto wax paper. Allow to cool.

That's it.

Evil. Yes, I think I've decided they are most definitely evil.

And I'll leave you with a haystack related quote:

"...they're totally insane. They should be harder to make!"

-Beebs, my favorite brother-in-law.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home