Monday, December 26, 2005

WHY NOT?: Why can't I leave my Christmas tree up year round?

Christmas trees are purty. They just are, right? Unless you're shackled to a spouse with crappy taste, then there is a good chance you've got a big, sparkly, shining, colorful tree in your living room right now too.

Most years I take the tree down the day after Christmas, because I am ready to move on! But this year I was thinking, well, it just so pretty. All that dang ambience. You know what I mean; those trees'll hypnotize you!

Loooook at meeeee... relaaaxxxx. Thinnnk happpppy thoughtssss...

I don't have a lot of junk in my living room, so I've got plenty of space for the tree. So, I was wondering, why can't I just keep it here year round?

The problem is people will assume that you are a lazyass loser freak if you still have your Christmas tree up in July, right? Not that I condone worrying too much about what other people think, but I really don't want to hear "jeez, you still have that thing up?" everytime someone comes over for a visit.

I think the compromise will be to get some other kind of tree (um, not a pine tree) and put it up in it's place. I can still use my white lights and glass teardrop ornaments. Yup, that's what I'm going to do. I'll update next month or whenever I've gone and put the thing up (maybe this time of year isn't so good for buying trees, huh?)

Hmm, I keep hearing a suspiciously loud baked potato in the oven... I'd better go check on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home